Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Revlon Colorstay 16 Hour Quad - Review and Swatches

Drugstores have been coming out with some great things lately. Their quality is getting better and the price doesn't break your budget.

Enter: The new 16 Hour quads from Revlon under their "Colorstay" name. These quads claim to be highly pigmented, blendable and long-lasting. And at an affordable price.
Too good to be true? Keep on reading to find out.



I purchased the quad in Brazen to test out the claims.


These quads come in a plastic case with a clear top to easily view the colors. They have a wide range of colors for a drugstore palette.
They also have numbered directions on the back about where to apply the shades on your eyelid.


Pigmentation: Colors 1 and 2 are not pigmented at all. I found them to be quite chalky and powdery. Getting them to show up for the swatches was a task in itself! Colors 3 and 4 are average but feel much nicer to the touch. You can build these two colors up a bit.

Blending: Colors 1 and 2 barely show up so I won't bother commenting on those. But colors 3 and 4 are okay. I found that color 3 was difficult to blend and would lose a lot of its pigmentation when blended out. It took me more than 3 layers of it to be able to build it up and blend it nicely. Color 4 was easier to deal with than color 3 as it is more pigmented but had relatively the same issues. It is a nice shade for a soft liner though, something to keep in mind.

Duration: I don't know many people who wear shadows for 16 hours straight. I wore this for about 5-6 hours (with a primer) and it creased on me. I'm not sure what was funnier: The fact that I expected it to last at least 8 hours before creasing or that the creasing was barely visible due to the poor pigmentation. I was quite disappointed.



Final Thoughts: From what I saw in this quad alone, I would not re purchase this, let alone tell a friend to buy it. I will be using it up here and there when I can but after I have hit pan, I probably won't even dream of looking at these again. Perhaps it was a poor choice of quad that resulted in this but I am not keen on trying out any others.



Disclaimer: These are my own opinions. I got this product as a free gift from Ulta with their rewards program.

No comments:

Post a Comment